Join red. media – We’re expanding our team!
red. media is a new digital content and documentary creator. Our goal is to uplift bold and progressive voices.
Join us in our mission to create a better world through storytelling that turns the prevailing narratives of history and current events on its head.
Hey there! We are looking for a talented Social Media Producer to join our team here at red. Media.
We need a remote-working freelance content creator who is passionate about social media, has experience in news media or progressive campaigning organizations, and is skilled in using video, stills, graphics, and motion design to tell compelling stories that will resonate widely across our communities on social media.
What we are looking for is:
- At least two years of experience in social media content creation for news media or progressive campaigning organizations with a big presence on social media
- An ability to create content working alongside editors and designers from conceiving of the content idea, to scripting and commissioning all the way through to approving the final product
- Native English-level writing skills
- Excellent copywriting skills and an understanding of how to write/script for a radical left audience
- Thorough understanding of TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter, and at least one year of experience working with these platforms
- A thorough understanding of progressive political interests around the world and geopolitics
Knowledge of social media analytics
- Available during CET time zone office hours
- Experience with SEO and
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Qualities of the successful candidate:
- A passion for, and knowledge of geopolitics as well as historical and current stories that interest a progressive audience
- An ability to innovate new content
- An ability to meet tight deadlines, set priorities and adapt when changes are required
- Excellent time management skills and adept at handling multiple tasks in parallel
- A positive and collaborative mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Can proactively tackle challenges and problems and can come up with creative solutions.
If you think the person we are looking is you, send us your CV, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable) to info [at] thered.stream with the subject line “Social Media Producer.”
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We’re on the hunt for a full time video editor to join our team.
As a video editor, you will be responsible for editing, producing, and delivering high-quality documentaries as well as video content for social media that engages and inspires our audience. You will work closely with our creative team to ensure that our content is visually appealing and true to our main principle: education.
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Editing video footage with industry-standard software (Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut)
- Managing digital assets, including raw footage, audio files, and graphics
- Working with our creative team to brainstorm ideas and develop scripts
- Creating graphics and text overlays to make our videos pop
- Making sure all of our videos look their best with color grading and correction
- Collaborating with the editorial team to develop video concepts and scripts
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and providing creative input
- Ensuring that all videos are delivered on time and meet quality standards
- At least 2 years video editing experience
- Understanding of storytelling and visual storytelling techniques
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your video editing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A keen eye for detail and aesthetics
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to take constructive feedback and use it to improve your work
If you think the person we are looking is you, send us your CV, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable) to info [at] thered.stream with the subject line “Video Editor.”
This contact form is PGP secured.